LOCAL JOB OPPORTUNITIES
JOB TITLE: SUPERVISOR
Reports to: Plant Manager Department: Paint
Date: 09/11/2019 Approved: __________________________________
Direct manufacturing activities at the department level, which will assure timely delivery of quality parts to our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assure that production schedules are met by producing product in sufficient quantities to meet just-in-time requirements.
2. Assure that product meets approved quality standards.
3. Control costs associated with the department or operation, such as scrap, overtime, workforce and downtime.
4. Provide a safe working environment as measured by accident and illness prevention. Maintain a positive work environment.
5. Determine equipment status and direct maintenance efforts to maximize uptime.
6. Comply with company procedures, such as IATF16949 quality requirements, ISO-14001 environmental requirements, safety programs, etc.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures; Demonstrates attention to detail.
Project Management – Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Manages project team activities.
Oral/Written Communication – Speaks clearly; Listens and gets clarification; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance.
Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Plans for additional resources; Develops realistic action plans.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Troubleshoot production problems/production equipment as needed. Find root cause and write corrective action.
Conducts month-end physical inventories of raw materials, supplies and finished goods.
Assures adequate training of new associates while improving training of existing associates.
Participates in inventory reductions, TPS and Kaizens.
Find root cause and write corrective actions for all equipment/paint related problems.
QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Supervisory experience (group leader/supervisor background) with a minimum of five (5) years manufacturing experience.
3. Must have normal color vision. Must be able to color match to approved color plaques.
4. Ability to troubleshoot coating applications through understanding of chemical reducers and solvents.
5. Robotic coatings application experience a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical information, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. Ability to effectively present information to top management and/or SRJ.
Knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, database and internet software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit, twist, bend, reach. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Hicks Brothers Welding
Hicks Brothers Welding is now looking to hire an EXPERIENCED welder/fabricator. Stop by to pick up an application anytime Monday-Friday, 8:00-5:00, closed 11:30-12:30 for lunch.